Hello, the purpose of this post is to regroup all the improvements that the community has asked since the first day of game.
There will be three separated categories: PvE, WvW and PvP. In case an improvement fits both fields it will always be put under PvE, in order to simplify the work.
This list will contain only popular and sensible ideas, it won’t be a personal way to complain and request something. You can contribute by adding a comment explaining how your idea could improve the game.
This is a completely unofficial post, expect Anet to read it but not to satisfy every request made. I hope that it will bring some order in the communication between community and devs and that will help them knowing what we, as a community, want to enjoy more this awesome game.
- Better filter for the Trading Post wich allows you to search betwenn Ligh, Medium and Heavy armor.
- Knowing wich crafting profession you have unlocked on your character without having to actually select it and lose time on screen charging time.
- Account bound bag, this way buying items such as infinite gathering tools and Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic would make more sense for those who use more than one character.
- Add more values to the Account Wallet. It’s been an excellent feature but it still isn’t used as its best, an example is having events tokens being an item and not in the wallet, getting back in the game of months.
- Use All, when you find yourself with stack of Luck, Karma consumables or any other Bag you have to click them one by one wich can be very painfull when you get multiple stacks of 250 items.
- Saving builds: this is a feature that was on Guild Wars 1, basically it allows you to save a build and change it with one click. Right now you have to change everything manually step by step. It would save huge amounts of time.
- Autolooter: I don’t see why this is considered an hack, you would take your bags manually anyway or you can just blind a key for Area Loot and spam it as you go, autolooter would take automatically all the loot you make.
- In dungeons add a quest tracker for incomplete dungeon paths, so you know which you need to do before given a choice.
- Add more options for the vendor’s mass-sell: Sell Whites, Sell Blues instead of the
simple Sell Junk.
- Personal chat: some people like to chat with only some friends but this is not possible, it would also improve other for of organziation such as a Commander Chat in WvW, or a Guilds Leaders chat.
- Ingame Moderators: it would scare people much more by knowing that some superheores are watching Tyria to make sure nobody is doign anything bad. If you get more than 5 reports in a period of time for the same issue it means that there actually is a problem to solve.
- Dungeon Exploiting: This is an issue that has been going on for ages, Anet fix an exploit and people already have a new one ready. Instead of addign invisible walls just make it that to finish the dungeon you have to kill all the bosses. Who cares if someone wants to explore the map in a different way
- Many gems store items aren’t worth it because of the gem price, examples: Utility/Metabolic prime is average price of cheap guild wars 2 gold, grants you 12 hour of a specific food, let’s say you want to buy the “most expensive” food ingame, wich is Bowl of Garlic Kale Sautee: 1.40 gold for 1 hour duration. 1.4 × 12 = 16.8 hold instead of 24. Even worse with the Upgrade Extractor.
- Add first person view, nobody would be so stupid to use it on combat and having a terrible experience, the communtiy is asking for it in order to ejoy the game’s art.
- Allow us to filter the maps before entering Solo and Team Queue.
- Increase the penalties for afking or leaving the match before it ends.
- Make the PvP scene more public, make ingames messages when big events such as ToL happen and make Sticky posts before they happen. It’s not that nobody likes PvP, people just don’t know how good it is.
- Create an official GvG system. The community has been organizing guild vs guilf for two years bringing an extremely high competivie form of play for WvW players and yet there’s been no help from Anet. Making it more challenging and official would bring lots of players into the GvG scene. Streams the most interesting GvGs (TA going to NA was comparable to Tournament of Legends for the PvPers), create tournaments and an official Leaderboard.
- Badges of Honor aren’t valuable as other rewards tokens, make something like PvP so that you actually know what you’re going to earn as you play.
- Armor/Weapons acquired via Badges of Honors aren’t salvaigeable, this is a huge loss because you lose any sigil you put on it as you need to swap weapon or change build, and we’re talking about sigils of 10 gold each and runes even more expensive.
- Defending isn’t worth it for the rewards you get. It’s not really a matter of gold/experience but more of points earned by your server. There should be a difference if a server is holding a T3 tower or a wooden tower.
- Score: this has been an issue for ages and it’s really hard to solve. The main problem is that a server can win a matchup simply by having a night crew ticking 650 all nights and not having any good guilds/commanders